Happy Friday loves😘! I am going to start a series that I hope to churn out every Friday with the things I have been loving that week. This may be products I can’t get enough of, songs that have been on repeat, or whatever is keeping me moving through the week. I hope to sum this up with a monthly favorites post with links in case you are wanting to try something out for your self.
Be the first in the know when I post new content by subscribing to my email list!
Number 1: Erin Condren Vertical Planner
- Obvs this is a given considering June has just passed and the new EC planners have been up for sale. I stopped planning in my planner for a while because I just became so busy and messy with all of my planning gear (I’m a touch OCD and don’t want to not have something in the right spot). I bought some new planning stickers and threw my middle finger up to my OCD and got to making myself a schedule. It’s been so much fun and it is really helping me stick to a blogging schedule since I am also a touch (Ok waaaay more than a touch) scatterbrained and easily distracted.
Get $10 off your EC planner with my referral link here.
Number 2: Taylors of Harrogate Afternoon Darjeeling Leaf Tea
- Ever since Jeff and I went to Europe in May, I have been alllll about drinking hot tea. Sure, we as Texans consider iced sweet tea the “wine of the south” (while also drinking actual wine, duh, because we NEED both! lol) but it just isn’t the same as tasting the different notes you find in various sorts of loose leaf teas for
drinkingsipping hot. I picked this one up at World Market for 10 bucks. Not to mention the tin it comes in is absolutely darling and will most def be re-purposed to house something after the tea is finished. Caffeine up here.
(Want tips to pack for Europe in May? Check out my post about what to pack here!)
Number 3: Glow Tonic Glycolic Acid Toner by Pixi
- I picked this up last week and have used it enough to tell you that OMG it is amazing! I usually don’t use toners because I have sensitive, dry skin. Things like toners usually dry my skin out more and I can’t really vouch for having to buy something I won’t use. I found this at Target and yes, the shiny gold foil on the label caught my eye (good call, Pixi marketing team). I saw it contains 5% Glycolic acid and for those with dry skin, you can use the exfoliating love from practically any Alpha Hydroxy Acid. It doesn’t contain the drying alcohol typical of toners. They also do not test on animals and I love companies that make an effort to do this. Pick up this up at Target (here) or at the Pixi website. This does come in a travel-friendly pad version for your next trip! Get it here.
(Taking a flight? Read my travel essentials you must have for your next flight here)
Number 4: Threshold Gold Metal Ram Head
- Does this one sound creepy? Yes! Does it look the cutest on my gallery wall? Absofuckinglutely!!!! I am smiling stupidly while I type this and will not be contained! I’ll say it again, I am not gifted with decorating skills. I can go on Pinterest, and replicate something, but cannot see a bunch of shit on the isle at the store and envision it into a masterpiece. This ram head is the exception. I looked at some photos of what gallery walls had in them that I liked and noticed they contain unique decorative pieces like a geometric shape or a piece of wood that brought the wall together. Enter Ronald the Ram head! (name is still being toyed with….Got a suggestion? Comment below!) He is a gold, sturdy metal and gives my wall that special something. The best part is that Randy (I told you, I’m still tweaking) didn’t break the bank. He is currently on sale for less than $25. Get Ricky here
(Follow me on Pinterest here)
Number 5: Gentle Whispering ASMR Paper Paradise Video
- Last week, I wrote a blog post about ASMR and how it helps me be more calm when I’m stressed and relax if I want to sleep. You can read that post here. I love searching and finding new videos by my fave ASMRtists and wanted to try testing new-to-me sounds to see what else is my trigger. I swear to you that I had no idea paper, of all things, would be one. ( I actually just had to pause this video I was linking because it was making me so relaxed I was sleepy lol)
I have been listening to this one by Maria at Gentle Whispering ASMR and loving the gentle sounds of different weights of hand-made papers. I get it that this really shouldn’t be a surprise to me since I was chosen as Ravenclaw on Pottermore and did pick parchment as a fave smell (like the smell of a new book). If you’re in to ASMR or not, give to video a listen (headphones preferable) and see if it’s for you.
(Read my post about ASMR and how it can help you relax and sleep here)